The Bangalore-based major IT company Infosys announced better-than-expected revenue and profit growth of 28.6% for the July-September quarter and cheered investors with a generous dividend and bonus.
Infosys Revenue grew by 4.5%.
- Revenue during the quarter grew by 4.5 percent quarter-on-quarter (up 2.9 percent Y-o-Y) to Rs 13,342 crore.
- Dollar revenue climbed 3.1 percent sequentially (up 6.5 percent on yearly basis) to USD 2,201 million in the quarter gone by (in constant currency revenue growth was 3.9 percent Q-o-Q and 6.3 percent Y-o-Y) driven by volume growth. Infosys has maintained its full year (FY15) dollar revenue guidance at 7-9 percent.
- Revenue from North America territory grew 3.1 percent sequentially
and 3.2 percent in constant currency and Europe revenue growth stood at
4.2 percent (Q-o-Q) and 6.5 percent in constant currency. Rest of world
growth was 2.8 percent Q-o-Q and 4.2 percent in constant currency.
However, India revenue declined by 5.1 percent on quarter-on-quarter
basis and 4 percent in constant currency.
- Volumes increased 3 percent Q-o-Q (2.9 percent in Q1) as offshore volumes increased 3.8 percent Q-o-Q (3.2 percent in Q1) while onsite volumes were up 1.1 percent in September quarter as against 2.2 percent in June quarter. Realisations increased 0.6 percent in constant-currency terms as onsite realisations were up 2.6 percent on sequential basis.
- Consolidated net profit rose to Rs 3,096 crore (28.6%) in the July-September quarter, 2014-15, from Rs 2,407 crore in the year-ago period.
- "On several fronts, our efforts to bring in operational efficiencies yielded encouraging results during the quarter", said UB Pravin Rao chief operating officer infosys.
Infosys ( Dividend and bonus issue).
- Infosys declared an interim dividend of Rs 30 a share (equivalent to interim dividend of USD 0.49 per ADS at the exchange rate of Rs 61), compared to Rs 20 a share in the previous year. The record date for payment of dividend is October 17, 2014.
- In order to increase the liquidity of shares and to expand the retail shareholder base, Infosys announced a bonus issue of one equity share for every equity share held.
- The same bonus issue is also applicable to ADR shareholders, who will get one American Depositary Share (ADS) for every ADS held as on a record date to be determined.